Wednesday, May 18, 2016

First Friday Opening Reception at Bare Bones Cafe

Hello again everyone!

I'm thrilled to announce my work will be on view June 3 - June 30 at Bare Bones Cafe on Belmont!


This is going to be a very special opening reception--as Bare Bones graciously waives their commission, I will be donating 30% of my art sales to my favorite fledgling non-profit, Public Annex!

Find out more and donate directly here!

Public Annex (PA) is special to me because I am so spoiled and honored to know the community of hard working people hoping to lift this phoenix off the ground--from my former supervisor, Carissa Burkett, these are her beautiful words about this amazing and necessary nonprofit:

I am very excited to publicly announce a major project that I have been working on alongside my incredible colleagues and friends.
The state of Oregon along with federal changes are cutting funds going to incredible programs that support adults with developmental disabilities. We have formed a new non-profit called Public Annex, that will work within/outside/around/above the systems that limit access. Our goal is to provide accessible urban farming and arts programming, focusing on inclusivity of artists and farmers with developmental disabilities.
Our mission is to break down systemic barriers that prohibit marginalized populations from inclusivity by building a community around accessible farming and art programming.

Come celebrate with me and help me support Public Annex! There will be originals and prints available for sale, to accommodate most budgets.

In other exciting news, Lorna Dune and Keith Sweatytwo of my dearest people and super fun DJs, will be slinging tunes during the reception! Of course, there'll also be tasty snacks and refreshing beverages from Bare Bones!

Can't wait to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment