Friday, May 27, 2016

In Progress - Brönwyn & Avery

Cranking out some new work for my show at Bare Bones Cafe, on view this June.

I've said it before, but now that I've got to draw a child for the third time, it's really fun and challenging to work around making a kid look like a monster.  However, I owe my gratitude to Jenny and Jason for sending me a photo of their sweet spawn with an already ridiculous expression, granting me license to make this super goofy drawing:


I also have the privilege of borrowing the face of this lovely drawer of grotesque and unabashedly gooey creatures, Brönwyn Lorelei, using my pink ribbon from Ace Typewriter paired with typed-on yellow transfer paper.


Mark your calendars for the reception--a week from today!

Opening Reception
Typewriter Drawings & More
Friday, June 3rd, 6 - 9pm
Bare Bones Cafe
2908 SE Belmont Street

Free event + refreshments available for purchase
Songs slung by DJs Lorna Dune + Keith Sweaty

*Reminder that 30% of my art sales will be donated to my favorite nonprofit Public Annex*


No comments:

Post a Comment