Friday, June 24, 2016

International Typewriter Day: Limited Edition Screen Prints

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!

The typewriter was on June 23rd in 1868, by Christopher Latham Sholes of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, marking the official date of International Typewriter Day!  I had no idea this important moment in history was so close to home--read more about it at the Typosphere.

During Oblation's annual International Typewriter Day Type-In this Saturday, June 25th, I'll be releasing these limited edition prints (screen printed by Seizure Palace):


From left to right: Avery As A Rectangle, Self Portrait I, Erica, Dominic, Madeline

Each print is 8 x 10 inches and is $40 (plus shipping)--only 50 of each!


*  *  *

Thrilled about all of the festivities, I'm most excited to participate in the Type-In by drawing my friend, official Sparkle Princess Alex Simon, with my trusty old machine.  As this magical creature deserves, replicating her likeness will require all of my typewriter ribbons: pink, green, blue, purple, red and black.  Since I lack yellow ribbon (for now!), below is a shot of the prep involved for tomorrow's live-typing session.  I'm using yellow carbon paper taped onto the paper, with the separated yellow CMYK layer of the photograph I'm working from, and my red ribbon so that I can see where I've already marked the yellow in.

Ouch!
Thankfully tomorrow this will transform from gore to glitter!

In addition to good company and refreshments, there will be a selection of Oblation's own typewriters for you to use as well as complimentary stationary, envelopes and even postage so that you can send type a letter yourself--and there's a raffle to win your very own typewriter.  Hope to see you there!











No comments:

Post a Comment