Wednesday, June 1, 2016

First Thursday + First Friday in June

First Thursday at Oblation Papers & Press

Come see me this Thursday, June 2 at Oblation from 4 - 6pm, where I'll be drawing with my Citation II manual typewriter and you can utilize their Public Typing Station Yourself!

See how I work, keep me company and snag a flier for the June 25th festivities, where I've teamed up with Oblation to celebrate International Typewriter Day!  Stay tuned for details.

Mark your calendars for Saturday, June 25th, 1 - 4pm!
#publictypingstation

First Friday at Bare Bones Cafe

Join me and DJs Lorna Dune & Keith Sweaty as we celebrate my opening reception at Bare Bones Cafe on Belmont, this Friday, June 3 from 6 - 9pm! I'm thrilled to share works from 2014 through last week, as well as limited edition prints.  

Most importantly, I will be donating 30% of my art sales to my favorite fledgling nonprofit, Public Annex--this is an organization very close to my heart, with an aim to break down systemic barriers that prohibit marginalized populations from inclusivity by building a community around accessible farming and art programming. 

Just a few of the available prints for sale this Friday! Counter-clockwise from left:
Vessel, Kyle, Top-Heavy, Untitled, Automatic, Your Shadow's Shadow, Valentine, Empath

I will be running a sale on some of my small prints and will be sharing hot-off-the-press large-scale giclées of my latest typewriter-drawings.  I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to support my colleagues and this essential organization. Many thanks to Bare Bones for generously waiving their commission fee.

First Friday at Café Lulu

This is the part where I wish I could tear myself in two! The epic June Bayview Gallery Night also falls on Friday, June 3 and my large scale stamp and ink drawings as well as large-scale giclées of my typewriter drawings are on view during the night of the celebration (and beyond to mid-July!).  So Milwaukee, let me live vicariously through you and check out all of the artists and venues participating in BVGN 2016! I'll be there in spirit.

Café Lulu 2261 S. Howell Ave. Milwaukee, WI 53207

2 comments: