Friday, April 29, 2016

In Progress - On Not Screaming


Earlier this year, I was ecstatic when I received an inquiry from Eloisa Amezcua about whether I would be interested in drawing the cover for On Not Screaming, to be published by Horse Less Press.



Her visceral writing places us in a potentially mundane backdrop, like waiting in the car as a child or watching a woman primp, but this setup amplifies the quiet rage, pain, femininity,  and heartache in these poems. I can't wait to get a copy later this summer! Stay tuned and follow her here.


It's been nice to be get back to the typewriter--it'd been awhile since this Spring was spent on my larger works for my show in Milwaukee. What a thrill to incorporate text and to work with this wildly talented, badass-lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment