Saturday, January 16, 2016

Commission: Drawings Of Beautiful Women

I'm so delighted that beautiful women keep asking me to draw them.  Now that these gifts have been given, it's alright for me to share them completely.
Emily, 2015
typewritten ink on paper, 8 x 13 inches

I owe my sweet cosmic mom, former boss and friend, Cameryne for connecting me with Emily. Thanks to Cam, who purchased one of my drawings from my show in my hometown, Milwaukee, last June as well as commissioned another drawing for her friend's birthday, I now have two drawings that live in Glasgow.
Reeah, 2015
typewritten ink on paper, 8 x 8 inches
Hair is so much fun to draw with my typewriter.  I was overzealous on the first version of this drawing and attempted to make the portrait only 4 x 4 inches, but Reeah's delicate profile proved to be difficult to render on that small of a scale.  I started over halfway through,  which made the hair a much more challenging and interesting point of focus.

Thanks, lovely ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment