Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Suddenly Entire: Eleven Artists Draw

Today marks the opening of this exhibition featuring ten other artists who I'm beyond delighted and honored to share wall space with. I am grateful to Paula Booth and Robert Tomlinson (of PictureSentence) for curating an exhibit highlighting the endless diversity of drawing.

Self Portrait III, 2016
typewritten ink and yellow carbon on paper, collaged
11 x 14 inches
$400

The show is located at Western Oregon University in the Dan and Gail Cannon Gallery of Art in Monmouth, Oregon, and features the following artists:


Laura Mack         Eugene Newmann            Nate Orton




Several of us will be giving a talk next Friday, February 26, at 10am--I'm super excited to take a 6am roadtrip from Portland to Monmouth with Catherine Haley Epstein!

Also, my 23-year-old self fell in love with Hibiki Miyazaki's work at Augen, one of the first galleries I visited when I moved to Portland--it's an absolute honor to share a centerfold in the catalogue with them.


What a lovely beginning to this wild year!

Suddenly Entire will be on view through March 18, 2016.








No comments:

Post a Comment