Thursday, February 4, 2016

Time-Lapse: Install at Darling Press




My install at Darling Press was a success! I'm getting faster at installing these large-scale grid works.


Give Up The Queen And Nobody Gets Hurt was completed in 2014 using only my Sears Citation II manual italic typewriter and 74 five-inch squares of paper.  It's displayed by placing thumbtacks in the wall and tiny magnets to attach the paper in place. 


I'm so thrilled to share this piece alongside my latest typewriter drawings as Artist of the Month at Darling Press in February!  If you are in Portland, please join us for the opening reception First Friday, February 5 from 7-10pm.  There will be wine and snacks as well as live music from the Miley Cyrus Mind Control Quartet! Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment